Ladakh – The Cold desert of India…
The name creates the euphoria of thrill, excitement, and magic amid mountains.
Ladakh is as infectious as an adventure destination that everyone must experience it once in a lifetime. Adventures says it’s a must-visit destination before you die. Ladakh brings to mind captivating thoughts of snow-capped mountains, spiral roads, azure lakes, and splendid valleys. Nothing equals the imagination and the desire to discover this amazing audacious spot on earth.
The holiday of Ladakh is dominated by ‘Motor Bike Tour Packages’ monasteries, natural beauties, rafting, and trekking.
Highlights of Ladakh Tour:
- Explore through the world’s most adventurous, audacious, and highest mountain passes amid your motorcycles
- Camping gets vibrant at Pangong Lake
- Trekking amidst the green valley and dew-drenched wild plants
- Scintillating experience in midst of river rafting in ice cold water
Best Time to go for Bike Ride to Leh – Ladakh:
- Bike trip needs suitable weather for the ride, else chances of road blockage due to snowfall and sleeper conditions arise.
- The best time to visit Ladakh for a bike ride is between months of ‘June to September’.
- The ride between Ladakh, Spiti, Lahaul, and Manali is heavenly during these months
- The monsoon season is to be avoided.
- New Year bike trip is also in trend amongst adventure lovers; it’s not a bad choice after all.
How many days tour is recommended for Himalayan motorbike safari?
- The days depends on the itinerary selected by you for enjoying the bike ride in the Himalayas
- 8 days in minimum tour schedule and covers all the major attractions of Ladakh and Spiti Valley
- The weather conditions play an important role in deciding your tour schedule
- The best tour is considered to be of 15 days starting from Manali to Ladakh
- It also begins from Delhi to Manali and ultimately to Leh – Ladakh
Bikes Suitable for Bike Ride in Ladakh:
- The bikers must ensure they select the right bike for their tour as it’s their first requirement
- One must select the right bike for tour, as it can lead to good or bad experience
- Always choosing a bike for ‘Ladakh and Spiti’ must be based on suitability and not brand or popularity
- Bike should be chosen depending on it enduring power in hills
- So, plan your bike trip with the best bike
- Bikes suitable in hilly conditions have proved to be safe, secure, good ride experience, easy to maintain and handle
Top 5 Bikes Suitable for Himalayan motorcycle Safari:
- Royal Enfield: It’s a very popular bike in India, and is powerful enough to withstand the conditions of Himalayan terrains. The engines are either 350 CC TO 500 CC.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan: For offbeat roads this 400 CC bike is just a perfect ride partner. Its strong engine ensures a smooth ride.
- Bajaj Pulsar: After bullets it’s the most preferred bike in the Indian market. This bike with 150 CC, 200 CC and 220 CC can be chosen as your ride for ultimate adventure.
- KTM Duke: It’s a lite bike yet its powerful engine is an added benefit on the roads of Ladakh and calls for good choice. It’s engine variants like Duke 390, Duke 250, KTM are best for Ladakh journeys.
- CBR 250: It’s an amazing adventure bike, but it gets number 5th position due to its contigo tires, which can be sometimes difficult in rough terrains of Ladakh.
- Other bikes you can prefer are ‘Yamaha Fazer, Bajaj Vikrant, Yamaha FZ, and Hero Impulse’.
Motorbikes are also available for rents in Ladakh and can be easily hired. So, go for the adventure ride of lifetime this summer…